Florida Health Networks, LLC (FHN), is a non-profit management service organization that effectively develops and provides wellness and prevention services to Medicare, dual eligible and Medicaid beneficiaries.
FHN was created byHealth Foundation of South Florida (HFSF) , a non-profit grant making organization, to fulfill the need to provide Florida’s rapidly growing population of older adults with evidence-based health and wellness programs.
By partnering with Aging and Disability provider networks and other community -based organizations FHN:
- Improves linkages with Patient Centered Medical Homes
- Improves adherence with specialty referrals
- Reduces ambulatory sensitive admissions
- Reduces ambulatory sensitive emergency room visits
- Reduces all cause readmissions
- Reduces overall medication costs
In partnership with managed care organizations (MCOs) and accountable care organizations (ACOs), FHN has a variety of wellness and prevention services targeted to meet patient needs. The programs are offered in an integrated accountable care community model backed by a proven health information technology solution supporting multiple ACOs and MCOs. Our services include:
- Individualized Wellness and Risk Assessment
- Consumer-directed wellness care plan and assignment to a community-based health coach
- Consumer enrollment into one of three tracks:
FHN has been recognized by institutions and government agencies through grant awards at a national, state, and local level. When working with educational institutions, Florida Health Networks has a cap on sub-awards of up to 5% for indirect rate costs.
FHN health and wellness programs have been making an impact since its formation in 2014. FHN was able to build upon the success of Health Foundation of South Florida’s nationally recognized Healthy Aging Initiative which provided evidence-based health and wellness programs to older adults in South Florida.
For more information, please visit our History page.